J & M Davidson Limited (08012789) of 12 Hammersmith Grove, Hammersmith, London, W6 7AP (J & M Davidson, We or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are registered at the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number ZA027523).
SCOPE OF POLICY
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), J & M Davidson is the data controller. “Personal data”, “data controller”, “data processing” and “processing” have the meaning under the GDPR.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
Data we collect from you
The type of information We collect from you will depend upon the type of interaction you have with us.
Broadly speaking, the types of personal data that we collect may include:
- if you are a customer of J & M Davidson, your first name and last name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- personal data that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion;
- if you establish an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- details of any transactions made by you through the Site;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content; and
- data from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
You are under no obligation to provide any such data. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
We may run referral programmes or similar initiatives, such as a "Tell a Friend" programme, that invite you to provide us with the contact details of someone you know who may be interested in our products. We will only use those contact details for the purpose of the relevant initiative (and not for general marketing purposes). By providing us with their details, you confirm that you have their permission to do so and must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission. You authorise us to identify you as the person who has made the referral in the message that is sent to them.
We may collect personal data from you in a variety of ways, including the following:
- when you create a J & M Davidson customer account;
- automatically when you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, geo-location data, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies (which may not be information which identifies you);
- when you provide content and other information when you use the Site or post on our social media accounts;
- when you:
- arrange payment for goods. For example, we may collect details of the type of credit card you are using, the credit card’s last four digits and its expiry date (but not any other details of your credit or debit card);
- visit our Site and any other webpage that we own and manage;
- manage/change your customer, partner or supplier account information;
- contact us by phone, email, post or via the Site;
- subscribe to receive our newsletter or promotional materials or sign up to a mailing list; and/or
- participate in surveys, or competitions or other promotional activities.
J & M Davidson may also collect your personal data from third parties. This may include (but is not limited to) the collection of your personal data from:
- other users of the Site;
- our partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies;
- our customer support service provider, when you make a customer service inquiry; and/or
- someone duly authorised to act on your behalf (such as your next of kin).
From time to time, you may be able to visit our Site and deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym.
Uses made of the personal data
The personal data we collect may be used in a number of ways including:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- generating bills, managing accounts and carrying out debt-recovery functions;
- providing customer, partner and supplier technical support and other customer/partner/supplier relationship management functions;
- dealing with enquiries or complaints;
- collecting and analysing product performance, service and reliability data;
- carrying out market research and product analysis and development;
- complying with our obligations under the law;
- training our staff;
- to notify you of changes to the Site;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- in the event of a change of business ownership, merger, sale or other business transaction, transferring your information to a successor entity;
- for various communications and marketing purposes;
- conducting our internal business and management processes, for example accounting or auditing purposes; and
- for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected.
If you consent to receive marketing material, then We will process personal data concerning you in connection with sending marketing and promotional material to you. You may withdraw such consent at any time.
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
We will anonymise personal data regarding you and consolidate such data. We may provide our partners, with aggregated anonymised data about the users of our Site.
Disclosure of personal data regarding you
J & M Davidson may disclose personal data to third parties in certain circumstances including (but not limited to) the following:
- to fulfil the purposes for which you provided your information;
- to other third parties We engage to help us run our business - such as our customer support service provider; payment processors; contractors; couriers; pay roll service providers; debt collection agencies and other parties that assist with debt-recovery functions;
- to our professional advisors, including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- to law enforcement bodies, Courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law;
- to regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving complaints or disputes both internally and externally or to comply with any investigation by one of those bodies;
- for any other purposes that you would reasonably expect; and
- to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may transfer your personal data to overseas recipients for business purposes and operational, support and continuity purposes, for example, when we use IT service providers or data storage services which are located overseas. Countries where these recipients are located may have data protection laws which differ to the data protection laws in your country of residence. We require such recipients to enter into contracts to safeguard personal data.
We will disclose personal data regarding you to third parties in order to:
- enforce the Terms and Conditions (at this link), and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of J & M Davidson, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging data with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect personal data regarding you, We cannot guarantee the security of the data that you transmit to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received personal data regarding you, We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All information you provide to J & M Davidson is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring or receiving personal data, such as SSL technology. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the J & M Davidson Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The security of personal data regarding you is a high priority. We take such steps as are reasonable to securely store personal data regarding you so that it is protected from unauthorised use or access, misuse, loss, modification or unauthorised disclosure. This includes both physical and electronic security measures. Examples include the use of passwords, locked storage cabinets and secured storage rooms.
Other features include:
- storing information on secured networks consistent with industry standards, which are only accessible by those employees who have special access rights to such systems;
- using industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring or receiving personal data, such as SSL technology;
- restrictions are placed on the electronic transfer of files; and
- our IT networks undergo necessary vulnerability testing to continually identify and remediate potential opportunities for unauthorised data access.
J & M Davidson takes steps to destroy or de-identify personal data when the information is no longer required for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed by us and We are no longer required by law to retain the information.
The Site may make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any data that is disclosed in these areas becomes public and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose personal data regarding you.
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. We recommend that children receive permission from their parent or guardian before gaining access to the Site or sending personal data to us or anyone else online.
We will only send you marketing material if you consent. We will only send personal data concerning you to a third party for marketing purposes if you consent. When you have consented to marketing material, you have the right at any time to ask us not to process personal data regarding you for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the marketing emails we send to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or J & M Davidson Limited at 12 Hammersmith Grove, Hammersmith, London, W6 7AP.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The GDPR gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR . To protect your privacy, We may take steps to verify your identity before taking any action in response to any request. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data that We hold about you.
To request access personal data that We hold regarding you, please send an email to email@example.com or send a letter to J & M Davidson Limited at 12 Hammersmith Grove, Hammersmith, London, W6 7AP.